I ran out of yarn for Charlie's pullover (barely, just barely ran out) a couple of days before Christmas. I picked up the yarn out of state, so there was no chance of running out and grabbing another skein (especially without any LYS here in Lubbock). We went back to Utah right after Christmas, so I got to swing by Harmony for more Manos.
I finally finished it. I have to say I'm not happy with the collar/neck bit. Admittedly, I think the mistake is mine, not the pattern's. I should have stitched the end of the neck in one more row to create the tube for the drawstring. Instead, that tube is a little shorter on the front that the back, and the whole thing is rolling out. I haven't blocked it yet (wasn't planning on it, truth be told) so maybe I'll give the pullover a little dip and block the daylights out of the neck and see if it can be saved. If not, I'm wondering if I care enough to rip out the neck and start again.
Thanfully, Charlie is still such a tiny little guy (2.5 years old and 23.5 lbs fully dressed) he'll definitely get another winter's use out of the sweater. It's pretty huge on him this year, but still wearable with the sleeves rolled up.
Charlie really wasn't in the mood for a fashion shoot, but acquiesced when I agreed to take some pictures of the dinosaur I gave him for Christmas.
Yarn: Manos del Uruguay Maxima
Rav notes here.
Pattern: Dinosaur Jr.
Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Sport